Adding help output. SC-2
This brings us (more or less) up to the point of a PoC for SC-2.
Although there's currently no E2E encryption and the auto-room purging isn't in place (apart from when a new user joins a room), messages can now flow back and forth.
It's not currently possible to close a room either, that needs to come soon.
But, there's enough functionality in place that it seems worth setting up a JIRA project for future adjustments/improvements. Auth is going to need doing at some point soon and it'd be good to have the decisions made on that properly documented.
This commit will be tagged as being v0.0.1a
@@ -295,6 +295,11 @@
def __init__(self,quit_commands=['q','quit','exit'], help_commands=['help','?', 'h']):
+ self._controlcommands = [
@@ -374,10 +379,17 @@
- res='Type [%s] command_name to get more help about particular command\n' % hc
- res+='Type [%s] to quit program\n' % qc
- cl=[name[3:] for name in dir(self) if name.startswith('do_') and len(name)>3]
- res += 'Available commands: %s' %(' '.join(sorted(cl)))
+ res='Type [%s] to quit program\n' % qc
+ res += """Available commands:
+ /join [username] [room] [password] Join a room
+ /leave Leave current room
+ /room [create|invite] [roomname] [roompass] [[user]] New room management
+ Once in a room, to send a message, just type it.
if not cmd:
@@ -467,7 +479,7 @@
('magenta', urwid.DARK_MAGENTA, urwid.BLACK), ]
- def __init__(self, title, command_caption='Command: (Tab to switch focus to upper frame, where you can scroll text)', cmd_cb=None, max_size=1000):
+ def __init__(self, title, command_caption='Message: (Tab to switch focus to upper frame, where you can scroll text)', cmd_cb=None, max_size=1000):
self.body=ListView(self.model, lambda: self._update_focus(False), max_size=max_size )